How to Advertise Your Keyword and Build Your Subscriber Lists
Whether you just launched your business or you've been up and running for years, it is always a good time to set up a subscriber list! It's an easy way to get customers to opt in to receive content from you.
When a customer texts you to join your text marketing campaign, you know you have a lead who is very interested in what you have to say. Plus, it comes in really handy when it's time to start scaling... and fast!
Imagine having a list of hot leads ready to go when it's time to launch a new product, notify your customers of a big sale or make some other announcement. By spending a few minutes upfront, you can start leveraging this simple text automation to build a list of highly qualified leads without you having to move a muscle.
But basically, you'll need to choose a keyword and then advertise it to your target audience. Here are some methods to advertise your keyword to get you started:
How to Advertise Your Keyword in 2 Steps
Your keyword should be simple and be displayed with your virtual business number. Follow these steps to start advertising:
Step 1: Create a Graphic
The first step is to create a graphic that entices people to join your text marketing campaign and shows them how to join. Then you can share this graphic on your social media platforms.
Here is an example:
See how it says "Text 'BEER' to (555) 833-0000"? These are the basic instructions that your customers or leads will use to join your subscriber list. Make sure you use your own keyword and text marketing number 😉
The rest of the poster is used to entice the reader to join. In the example above, the reader might be interested in the event, want to learn more, and want 20% off the ticket price. These desires might be enough for the reader to pull out their phone and text the number. How might you do something like this with your business?
How do I design a graphic?
If you want to create the graphic yourself, you should try out Canva.com. Canva makes it easy to choose any format you want (poster, facebook post, etc.) and gives you templates and ideas to create your graphic. It is very simple, no expertise required!
Another option is you could hire a graphic designer on Fiverr.com. You can find graphic designers who will make a simple graphic for you for as little as $5!
Step 2: Share it!
You can advertise anywhere your customers or leads are. Here are some places to consider:
- Make a poster and put it in your business location
- Post on social media
- Create a flyer or mailer
- Advertise in a newspaper or magazine
5 Example Texts to Get Subscribers
- Text "SKI" to (XXX) XXX-XXXX for text message updates on mountain conditions
- Want a chance to win a new car? Text "CAR" to (XXX) XXX-XXXX. You will also get text message updates about our new inventory.
- Text "HOME760" to (XXX) XXX-XXXX to learn about HOT real estate listings in your area!
- Text your star sign (such as "Pisces" or "Taurus") to (XXX) XXX-XXXX to get your daily horoscope texted to you
- Join our take-out club. Get food delivered to you for 25% off. Just text "FOOD" to (XXX) XXX-XXXX to receive the weekly restaurant and coupon code.
How to Set Up Your Subscriber Lists in Cloudphone.com
On the desktop version:
1. Go to your Cloudphone.com portal.
2. Select "Subscriber Lists" in the left side navigation menu.
3. Select "Add Subscriber List"
4. Name or label your list.
5. Choose a keyword for your customers to use to opt in.
6. Write the "Welcome Text" or choose from your list of drip campaigns that will automatically be sent to new subscribers.
7. Save by clicking "Add New Subscriber List" in the top right corner.
In the mobile app:
1. Open up the Cloudphone.com app on your mobile device.
2. Select "Messages" from the bottom navigation menu.
3. Select "New Subscriber List" from the menu.
4. Complete steps 4 through 7 above.
Get Ready to Scale!
Ready to set up your subscriber lists and let this awesome text automation feature work its scaling magic for you? It's ridiculous easy to get started. All you need is a Cloudphone.com account if you don't already have one. Sign up here.